Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Caution Sharp Turns Ahead!

Growing up we all had ideas of what our life would be like as a "grown-up". I don't know about you, but I could close my eyes and picture what was on the road ahead. There was only one problem- I forgot to factor in "life". All the junk that messes up the path we're on. The junk is different for everyone - bills, careers, relationships, drugs, alcohol, families, friends, you name it. For some people it might be obvious - my life changed when ______. For others, it might not be so cut and dry. They just wake up one day and think "How did I get here?"  Whatever the case may be, the fact remains, life is really good at throwing you curves.

I know for me, 2010 has been full of them. I'm not saying that they're bad necessarily - just different. The path I'm on has just taken a hard left spitting me out in a direction I never imagined. I find myself being faced with decisions I never dreamed I would be making. Decisions that will drastically change the road I'm on. That's not to say it's not the road that God intended for me, its just not what I had in mind. Do I stay on my path or do I head off into uncharted territory and trust that this is all part of God's plan? I've decided to go for it and see what happens. The new road is scary, exciting, and heartbreaking, but it's what is best. So thank you in advance for your prayers and support on our new adventures. We're gonna need it!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely makes things interesting, doesn't it?

    I have many of the same moments of reflection as you. How did I get here? What is next? Sometimes I find myself wishing the next 2 hours, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years will go by in an instant, just so that I can know what is going to happen. At the same time, I look back at my life and think of it as one of those "choose your own ending" books. Wondering if I had made one decision differently, how would that have affected everything?

    At the same time I believe it is important to know where you are going, and have a sense of adventure when looking ahead to where you are going, one realization that I have really started to take a serious consideration to is the notion of slowing down and enjoying life. Keeping an eye on the horizon, but not worrying about what the road brings, just enjoying the spot you are at for that moment.

    Now off to read more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete